Medical Education Worldwide
Educate Medicine provides a medical consultancy services through medical education and training to countries with developing economies and growing medical needs. Mainly located in Africa, the Caribbean Islands and Asia. Our innovative ideas and practices ensure that established practices in the developed economies can be replicated and adapted to local needs and demands. We aim to transfer expertise to local medical staff and we provide excellent follow up support both remotely and on-site.
Educate Medicine is run from the picturesque village of Little Weighton in the Yorkshire and Humber region of the United Kingdom. The famous Humber Bridge can be viewed from the village outskirts on clear day.
There are two principal doctors of the outfit along with a pool of fifteen highly trained pre-hospital personnel, doctors and consultants. These are called upon on a contract basis to provide specialist medical education services.
All our staff members are regularly involved with training and service provision for the United Kingdom National Health Service (NHS). All operate in senior clinical and managerial capacities, working with several institutions including the University of Cambridge Medical School, the University of York and the Hull York Medical School.
We have acquired a number of mannequins for training on life support courses and we provide certificates for successful candidates. We are strong believers of investing in people and aim to train local trainers to perpetuate the spread of good clinical care and ongoing medical education. We support our candidates with regular re-certification events and we provide a good e-support.
Our recent activities in Nigeria include:
- Transforming Emergency Care in Nigeria Abuja conference held on the 1st and 2nd of June 2009. Our members presented on several topics to an audience that included the National Health Minister and representatives from the major Teaching Hospitals including the National Hospital Abuja.
- Healthcare restructuring projects at the Delta State University Hospitals under the supervision of the State Governing Executives.
- Facilitating the establishment of a Clinical Skills Laboratory at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife 2012.
- Abuja Life Course: Trauma Care Course, BLS/AED, ALARM course. July 2012.
- Abuja Life Course: Trauma Care Course, BLS/AED, ALARM course. October 2012.
- Disaster Management Training to the Nigerian National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA). October 2012.
- Lagos Life Course: Trauma Care Course, BLS/AED, ALARM course. March 2013.
- Ondo Life Course: Working in partnership with the State Government to bring the newly constructed Trauma Centre into world class standards. August 2013.
- Central Bank of Nigeria Medical Training: November 2013. We trained about 90 members of the CBN medical team, including doctors and nurses from around the country. Two days of interactive, trauma and resuscitative medicine, plus the basics of ECG interpretation.
- Point-of-Care MSK Ultrasound Workshop: November 2013. SW was invited to provide a taster workshop for Musculoskeletal point-of-care US at the Nigerian Orthopaedic Association AGM.
- Ekiti Life Support Course: Trauma Care Course, BLS/AED March 2014. The 3 day, medical education course is held on the premises of the State University Hospital. The United Kingdom faculty will include Dr Sigismund Wilkey, Dr OlTunde Ashaolu and Mr Rochester Isibor, a senior nurse specialist and an Advanced Practitioner. We are delighted to work with the Ekiti team.